"The simplest solution is usually the best one."- Occam’s Razor -
Almost everything that is launched into space needs to be separated from other elements. We are a space company focused in the design, development and production of reliable mechanisms and mechanical systems for the Small Satellite Market for flight and ground purposes.
Introducing the KISS product family (Keep It Simple Separation-system), the modular Clamp-Band for all standard Smallsat interfaces on the Market at the best market price.
Our Products and Services
OCCAM SPACE provides the SmallSat industry with wide experience of structures and separation systems for Space at affordable prices.
Structures & Mechanisms
Design, Manufacturing & Testing
Ground Support Equipment
Separation Systems & Adapters
Engineering & Consultancy
Keep It Simple Separation-system
The Keep It Simple Separation-system (KISS) is a family of separation Clamp Bands designed for SmallSats with the reliability of large satellite missions.
KISS Key performances:
- Mass < 3.5 Kg
- Shock < 200 G’s
- Ready to change with standard interfaces
The system is in the final stages of qualification waiting to fly for the first time.
Discover a modular and scalable design. Among other sizes, the KISS Clamb Bands are available in the common 8″, 15″, and 24″ standards with the same building blocks.
Do you want a KISS for free?
When it comes to Space Separation Systems, failure is not an option. Occam Space originated from the idea that we could make a difference by combining an extensive expertise in separation systems for “Old Space” and applying some of the principles of the “New Space” to develop the most suitable products for the emerging Smallsat market. Our Mission is to do this… while keeping it simple… and affordable.
OCCAM SPACE is a technology-based company (EBT) promoted by the Business Incubator of the Science Park of the University Carlos III of Madrid. OCCAM SPACE is hosted at Puerta Innovación of the Madrid City Council.
Meet our Team
We have done it for years for the large ones where mistakes are not allowed, doing it for the small ones is simple for us.
- Aeronautical Technical Engineer with 14 years of experience in the space sector working in Airbus Spain, Arquimea and Iberespacio for the main companies worldwide: Airbus, Thales, OHB, JAXA, ISRO, MAXAR, ESA…
- Master in Project Management by EAE and URJCI.
- Chief Mechanisms Engineer for multiple developments and applications in space and other industries.
PABLO MONTE – Production and Quality Manager
Industrial Engineer with 7 years of experience working in Iberespacio and Castflow Valves, the last 5 years in the space sector working with the main companies in the sector: ESA, Maxar, TAI, Thales Alenia Space, OHB, JAXA, APCO, Airbus…
He has held roles within manufacturing engineering, production control, supply chain and has been responsible for product quality of numerous structures, thermal equipment and mechanisms for space.
FRANCISCO GARCÍA – System Engineer
- Aeronautical Technical Engineer with 7 years of experience working in Iberespacio and Arquimea with the main companies in the sector: Thales Alenia Space, OHB, Airbus.
- He has worked as a mechanism engineer, responsible for design, analysis and testing of satellite separation and deployment systems. He covers design, analysis, simulation, assembly and test profiles.
LEE ROSEN – EXTERNAL ADVISOR
- Mr. Rosen has spent the past 11 years during SpaceX’s growth phase and increased R&D activity as Senior Vice President of Operations and Mission Management.
- COO of the Vandenberg AFB Space Launch Complex 4 launch center.
- Currently President and CSO of Think Orbital.
At OCCAM Space we are proud to be a part of
Parque Científico UC3M
Avda. Gregorio Peces-Barba, 1
28919 Leganés, Madrid, Spain
(+34) 91 993 03 90